I don't understand. I follow a recipe exactly and what do I get a horrible turn out. If anyone can figure what I did wrong please feel free to inform me because this is the third batch of rolls I have made and they never turn out good.
can you tell the difference?
Before they raised, they are suppost to double in size
this was after they were cooked, but I let them raise for an hour.
They are horrible. I was so disappointed since I love bread and I got the Lion House cookbook for Christmas from my sister. I thought maybe just maybe I could make my own rolls. Wrong thinking on my part. I think I will stick to cookies I can make those.








4 comments:
I am not a very good cook but last time I made rolls (which was a long time ago) I think they has to raise for like 3 hours or so? they were almost touching each other once they were all the way raised. Maybe that will help? Good luck that is so frustrating!
The awful thing about yeast breads is there are a million things that can go wrong (and I've done probably all of them!) If the water you add is too hot (hotter than 110 degrees) it will kill the yeast. Sometimes your yeast may just be too old. If you let them raise too much, they fall flat when they're baked. When I make rolls they usually require 2 raisings, 1 for the dough (until doubled in size), then after you shape the rolls they usually need to double in size again before baking. Yeast stuff is such a pain! I agree, let's stick to cookies (although I've screwed up a lot of cookies too :)
maybe you should call grandma:)
Ah man! I was hoping the recipe would work for you now! Do you not roll them out and shape them? Maybe next time you come down you can come over and we can make a couple batches and figure it out. Or like Tiffany said, call your grandma - she is the expert! (I feel the same way about bread - still haven't ever been able to make a loaf of bread I loved! Good luck!)
Post a Comment