A couple of months ago we got bunk beds for the girls and put them all in one little room, for the purpose of having a toy room. I THOUGHT it was a good idea, Now that I am babysitting 3, 2 year olds, 1, 3 year old, and we are not including the baby and the older kids that I watch because they are all pretty good at cleaning up.
But then we end up with this for a toy room!
Good trade off? I can't quit decide. Because those who know me I am kind of a FREAK about a clean house. I just want everything to be nice a tidy all the time. Unrealistic? Maybe but it is still something that i want maybe in some ways I am to much like my mom, and Grandma Carter they always seemed to have a nice and clean house. I keep trying to tell myself at least its a bedroom and I can close the door, but even still I walk past it and try not to look in the room knowing that I will end up with stress knowing that it is a mess. What to do, What to do?








3 comments:
Yes sounds like you got a lillte carter in you the clean thing we will just blame on grandma!!
My advice...get rid of some of the toys. Holy Crap!! It looks like Toys R Us in there.
That looks familiar - our toy room can get like that. I think it just comes with having a "toy room". It drives me nuts too! Anyway I finally came up with a solution (it sounds bad - but works) I made the toy room Carsons chore. He's the best at doing his chores and so he does it every day and then it never gets crazy. I don't have to get frustrated with the little boys because they aren't helping clean up and they do other chores. Carson loves it because some days he doesn't have to do any chores because the room stayed clean (obviously he's not so happy on the not so clean days, but I just remind him of the days he didn't have to do anything) Anyway, I don't have tons of extra kids all day like you do, but maybe it's something to think about when it gets a little warmer and the kids aren't inside all day! Good luck!
Post a Comment