Thursday, September 24, 2009

Addi has hives?

Today Addi woke up from a nap and was covered in what I would say are great big welts, all over her body. I gave her some benadryl and they looked a little better then she went down for an afternoon nap and got up with her face, legs, back, belly pretty much everywhere was covered with these red welts so we went into the Dr. and he said yup looks like hives to me. Hives? from what I haven't changed anything at all. It is so sad she is finally realized that they itch, so she keeps rubbing them and I can't do anything for it. The pictures don't give it justice but they really are so bad, red, swollen and they just keep spreading. Hopefully they are gone by tomarrow or she gets to take a steroid for them great fun. I hate when kids are sick or have something like this you can't really do anything for them but wait it out. Poor little Addi I swear she gets everything.

6 comments:

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

awww poor girl!! Sad!! Hopefully they go away before tomorrow!! She is a little pudgy one huh?

Kiesha said...

Ohh sad! Davin had that bad too but he had a virus..they thought. I don't know but zyrtec worked really well for him...maybe if benadryl doesn't work you could give that a try. Davin was covered I mean CoVErEd and they were bright red it was soo sad. I hope she gets better soon! Poor girl.

Em said...

Sad. My friends little girl had that once and they made her wear gloves so she couldn't scratch them so badly. I hope they go away soon I hate shots. It is scary being a mom. Good Luck!

Cara said...

Marin had the same thing when she was about Addi's age! They were awful. I hadn't changed anything either. The doctor told me it could be hundreds of things and I'd probably never know. I bought special laundry soap and washed all of her clothes and sheets but they stayed for a whole week. I tried Benadryl and it didn't work. The doctor finally prescribed her a steroid and after a few days it worked. So sorry! I know how awful they are!

Mica said...

Mikelle got them when we were in Florida! She was 3 and had a strep ear infection so we gave her the first antibiotic she had ever had before we left on our trip and a few days later she had those horrible "welts" all over from head to toe and it turns out she's allergic to penicillin! Who knew!?!? No fun....hope your baby gets better fast! :)

Brit said...

awww poor little Addi!! Kin's did that all the time and still does once in a while. Just really sesitive skin, we never know what will do it. Poor Addi hope she gets feeling better, that just is no fun!

Fun times with our Family

my playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones